One place we take all of our visitors is Jack London Square. It’s a magnificent location for walking along the waterfront, watching boats and kayaks sail by, catching a glimpse of passing trains, and enjoying some local shops and restaurants. It’s a large, vehicle free strip, great for bicycles and scooters. Plus, there is so much history and many local events and festivals…Jack London Square should not be missed.
- Heinold’s First and Last Chance Saloon
- Often frequented by renowned author, Jack London. Heinold’s was the inspiration for many scenes in his novels.
- Jack London’s Cabin, Wolf, and Statue
- USS Potomac
- Served as Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s Presidential Yacht until his death in 1945.
- Sunday Farmer’s Market
- Jack of All Trades Market
- Every 2nd Saturday from 11-5, with free admission.
- Royal Egyptian Cuisine
- Chef Elmy is such a giving person with a heart of gold; you are guaranteed to leave feeling satisfied and full – mind, heart, and stomach! I guarantee, Chef Elmy gives out more than he asks for in return. Free samples, bowls of soup, delicous food, plenty of smiles and laughter…dining at this food truck is truly a delight! You’ll typically find him on 2nd & Webster next to Bicycle Coffee Company (which I hear is equally amazing…) Do NOT miss eating here!
- Souley Vegan
- Vegan soul food. Just yum. The sample platter is where it’s at.
- Restaurant, beer garden, bocce courts, and bowling. Plus, a small play structure outside. What’s not to like?
Jack London Square, Broadway, Oakland, CA – http://www.jacklondonsquare.com/